Borderline ECG, St-T changes at inferior leads
I have been sufferinmg from acute panic attacks for the last 10 years. They come from nowhere few times a year and last long 15 to 20 minutes. When I taek anax or Ativan, I get back to normal with in minutes. duirng and attack My heart rate goes up to 110 the most 120 during an attack But normally it is 65 to 70 due to hyperventilation.
My blood preassure also goes high during an attack up to 140- 80 the most 150-80. so I always ask my physician to do the ECG. So he does.  He retired this year recently. His office sent me all my records to give to my new doctor who I will be seing this may 2009. I was looking at my old records  and saw that all my ECG records are normal accept in 2005, my ECG in 2005 showed  as follows:
ST-T changes at inferior leads, these changes  are equivocal significance only. Summary: Borderline normal.
But my doctor back than said that it was normal. I never  get chest pain at all.  2006, 2007,2008 and most recently during a panic attack  when I went to  ER  on Feb 2009  all the ECG records shows nothing all of them says normal.
I was told that I was healthy and need to see a psyciatrist to manage my anxiety.
So Was  there anything wrong with me in 2005 and I recoved since than or  are they  missing something?
Or Am I again panicing myself? I do have a new doctor now, but have not seen him yet. I can not wait till I see him since I do have panic attacks. Could you tell me what that ECG in 2005  mean? do I have to concern?
many thanks,
Quite often the oxygen level in your blood can cause a fall in the ST-T complex, so if you were having a ventilation problem due to anxiety, perhaps this was the cause.

Panic disorder can cause hyperventilation and oxygen level to drop in your blood. That is probably related to your panic attacks. Especially since you have all other  ECG tests normal and have no chest pain. I would not worry about it.
Thank you for your answer. I was told I have ventilation problems. I breath fast during an attack than try to slow it down.  My question to you is, is it something dangerous to me and what should i do to prevent it? Should I see a cardiologst too? I was told everything was fine and would not even know this if I would not get my past test records due to my doctor;s retirement. But This is only in 2005, since than all EKG came normal every year. I am so cinfused and panicing now.
Many thanks,
Perhaps that one EKG showed the difference in the ST-T because you were panicky at that time?  I would believe the doctor if he told me not to worry.

If the unusual reading didn't warrant attention, then I wouldn't worry about it.  It really sounds innocent. It probably went back to normal as soon as you started breathing slowly and deeply again.