Heart Disease Community
Borderline Long QT ECG Reading in 9 year old boy

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

My 9 year old son was a getting an ECG done because the doc found a heart murmur. The ECG showed Borderline Long QT. Our family doc said the ECG looked normal and that the heart murmur seemed to be gone. He said he probably just had an infection and the Cardiologist said he would see my son in about 4 or 5 weeks to discuss the results of the ECG. I looked at the ECG reading when it printed off the printer. He never mentioned anything to me at the time. At first I wasn
Pursue it.  If your son has symptoms similar to those in his family and there is a history of early death, SEE A SPECIALIST.  If there was nothing in question, I'd probably tell you not to fret, but the borderline long QT warrants some investigation.

Heart attacks aren't the same thing as this.  A heart attack is caused by narrowing arteries and/or blood clots.  Sudden cardiac death is what results from arrhythmias and such.

Was the asthma attack ever substantiated?  I mean, does your son HAVE asthma?

See a specialist, particularly one who specializes in rhythm disorders or a pediatric cardiologist.  Do you live anywhere near Cleveland?  They'd be my first choice.
Avatar n tn
I took medicine for high blood pressure .But few months ago the doctors here in USA asked me to take medicine.The doctor did a ecg also.Comment was borderline.yesterday I went to the doctor and my BP was very high.The doctor suggested me to go to a cardiologist.Do you think it is necessary to go to a cadiologist.sometimes I feel I am having breathing problem also.
Farhana
Avatar n tn
Yes, you should pursue it.  I would see an EP that is associated with the SADS organization.  They would be most familiar with Long QT syndrome.