Borderline Thickening of Pulmonic Valve
I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse in 2003.  I have the typical symptoms...the most worrisome are the skipped beats.  I went for my regular one year echo and my cardio said my echo looked great but when I went to get a copy of it I read something alarming "Borderline thickening of pulmonic valve." Nothing was ever mentioned about this and now I am really worried. What does this mean.  The echo stated there was hardly any MVP trace regurgitation, trace tricuspid regurgitation, no pulmonic stenosis, trace pulmonic valvular regurgitation.  HELP!
Almost always the adjectives for valves such as mild, trace, etc. have very little medical significance and seldom advances or causes any symptoms.

What are the symptoms for trace MVP? There shouldn't be any problems until the condition is moderate, moderate to severe, and sometimes not at those times.

"Borderline thickening of pulmonic valve."  That is the valve that is a one-way pass for blood pumped from the right ventricle to the lungs.  Valve stenosis indicates the opening may have narrowed and that may stress the right ventricle to work harder to pump against the high resistance. If the condtion is moderate to severe, the right ventricle can/would enlarge to compensate.  It is not unusual to have some calcium buildup around the opening to cause the stenosis.

Your echo report doesn't indicate any harmful condition, and there should be no need to be concerned.  If the doctor considers skipped heartbeats or any heart rhythm disorder, there would be an EKG test.  Skipped beats are very common and usually are harmless, and there shouldn't be any concern.

Thanks for your question, and if you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care,

Ken