Both right and left heart chambers are enlarged
Has anyone on here had high blood pressure that resulted in both upper chambers enlarged? I just found out that my Mom's is and I am very concerned about this. Her blood pressure will not go back down once it goes up.
What does this mean. Can I lose her soon? I am scared, she is in good hands but I am scared. Thanks
Enlarge atriums (upper chambers) are usually not a life threatening issue, however they can increase her risk for other conditions such as Afib which can increase her risk of stroke. This condition can cause blood to pool in the atrium as it does not pump all the blood out with each heartbeat when in Afib, but this is still not very common.

Her atriums will most likely return to a normal size if her BP can be controlled. In the mean time, you should ask her doctor about finding a BP med that is effective for her and see if she should be on some type of blood thinner such as aspirin. To answer your question, no I don't think the enlarged atriums will take her from you. Do you have a report stating how large they have become? That would be helpful.

Jon
My left is enlarged. But I do have a “bigger heart then normal to start with.” I had always a little higher BP since young, I started BP medication only at age 53, by then I already had developed cardiomyopathy .
Anyhow I am doing well. 8 years ago, I was reading in a recommendation that the heart institute where I was in  addressed to my local hospital: that my BP might never go back to normal even on a high dose of medication.  Now I am on high dose, still I must give my own part to the ‘game’ like regular exercise, yoga, all the right breathing, meditating ,weight control,  right food, over all mental well being. I am planning to live for another 20 years! I feel better than ever.  Best to you and your Mother!  A lot on up to her attitude!
  And if you take one important advice :) never show her you scared, and don’t be. Help her to live her life happy, the best you can do!
Thank you both for your response. I let her know I am concern but when she calls I am all happy. I am thinking of moving closer to her, but had thought about her coming this way, but now that I know she has a good doctor it might be best that I go on and move.
You both calmed me down as I was very concern about thinking I would not have her here for long.
I will keep you all posted if I learn more, thank you !!