Heart Disease Community
Brady-Tachycardia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Brady-Tachycardia

I was recently told that I have an arrhythmia and Brady-Tachycardia and I have to wear a 24 Holter monitor to confirm the results.  My heartrate drops below 50 and gets as high as 140 without doing anything.  I have a varity of other health issues from restless legs to low iron, hypoparathyriod to migrains, and have also been told that I stop breathing in my sleep and I am scheduled for a sleep study soon.  But from all of what I have read it says that best form of treatment for brady-tachy is a pacemaker?!  I am only 29 due to turn the big 30 in just over a month from what I understand this doesn't happen to people so young?  Is this true and is a pacemaker the best form of treatment?
It sounds like you are a candidate for a pacer, what does your Cardiologist recommend?  
That being said, MRI procedures aren't recommended as far as I know for people with pacemakers, and the fact that you have migraine headaches suggests you might need one, so that is a consideration.  
Are your Brady-tachy symptoms such that you tend to pass out when you get up at night, etc.?
I have a pacer to correct the heart symptoms you mentioned, I was passing out when getting up at night and had tachy symptoms that made me light-headed, and the pacer corrected that.  I'm much older than you, but I volunteer in a CVCU hospital unit and routinely see people your age getting pacers, it's not uncommon at all.  My niece had one implanted when she was 19, she's almost 40 now and doing fine. However, I recommend you talk to your doctors about it, there are risks for you, I think.  
Do keep up informed, you have an interesting set of conditions that probably other people have and could benefit from what you learn.