Heart Disease Expert Forum
Bradycardia

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Bradycardia
This is in response to the answer I received regarding my query re bradycardia. I do have brief episodes of shortness of breath and sometimes feel a little lightheaded with this bradycardia. This started about a month or so ago. Should I be concerned and if this condition worsens, what should I look for and when should I seek immediate help? Thanks so much for responding so quickly. It's really on my mind alot.
Dear Cherie

If you are lightheaded with your bradycardia, you should get evaluated by a cardiologist. It may be that you need placement of a pacemaker to speed up your heart rate.

I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.

Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.