Breathlessness
In 1999 I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy from unknown cause (very ill) and also asthma (first time)...I had large amount of stress at the time.
In 2004 cardiologist told me heart had recovered 100%=no hypertrophy.

From 1999 to the present I have been breathless when I do any of the following:
1.    walking on incline...even slight one
2.    climbing stairs
3.    after eating --then walking on flat surfaces makes me breathless

My asthma does not improve with albuterol--many PFT tests confirm this.

In 1999 I was at normal weight with same symptoms and at present I am overweight (corticosteroids and lack of exercise) with same symptoms (not as physically ill as I was...but declining.

What is there other than hypertrophy that will cause breathlessness as described above?
EKG = normal.

Your feedback is appreciated.
Milkshake

I would think that asthma is causing your SOB. You said above that "My asthma does not improve with albuterol--many PFT tests confirm this." If your pulmonary function test shows weak lungs, this is likely your problem, don't you think? See a pulmonologist and try a new medicine. My wife takes Advair.

If you took corticosteroids for an extended time, you may have adrenal fatigue. The corticosteroids are the best and the worst of all drugs. They are life savers, but they will almost destroy the immune system. Read the prescribing info for prednisone. It says not to be around sick people. If your doc did not "wean" you off of the corticosteroids, then you could have Addison's disease or adrenal failure. SOB is not listed as a symptom of adrenal fatigue, though.

There are adrenal support treatments, but you should be tested by an endocrinologist before taking any.

Here is a blurb on dyspnea (SOB):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chronic dyspnea can be caused by asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, emphysema, inflammation of the lungs, pulmonary hypertension, tumors, or disorders of the vocal cords. Disorders of the left side of the heart or inadequate supply of blood to the heart muscle can cause dyspnea. In some cases a tumor in the heart or inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart may cause dyspnea. Neuromuscular disorders cause dyspnea from progressive deterioration of the patient's chest muscles. They include muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Patients who are severely anemic may develop dyspnea if they exercise vigorously. Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism may cause shortness of breath, and so may gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Both chronic anxiety disorders, and a low level of physical fitness can also cause episodes of dyspnea. Deformities of the chest or obesity can cause dyspnea by limiting the movement of the chest wall and the ability of the lungs to fill completely.