Heart Disease Expert Forum
Bruce Protocols On Exercise Stress Tests
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bruce Protocols On Exercise Stress Tests

Can you explain the difference between the regular Bruce Protocol and the Modified Bruce Protocol in Stress Testing?

I understand that the Modified version is not as demanding in speed.....Is that true, and if so, is the Modified version as accurate as the regular one?

Also, in 2001, at age 41, I reached 102 % of MHR, and 10.1 METS on the regular Bruce,with a negative result, however, I reached it while only 2 minutes into Stage 3.  Does that make for a horrible conditioning response? (I must add that I suffered Anxiety and panic at the time of the test, and my resting heart rate at the time was about 110....the doc even joked that I was giving myself my own stress test before even stepping on the treadmill.)
Thanks-Jerry