Burning Sensation and fast heart rate
Hi Doctor, I am a 49 year old female and am having strange things happening inside me. I realize women get different symptoms of heart disease than Men so my mind is questioning what's going on.  Heart Disease runs in my family, along with anxiety and asthma.

Two weeks  ago for 3 nights in a row I started getting a sharp pains under my left breast coming and going for about an hour lasting 2-3 minutes each time.  

Last Friday, Sat, Sun , Mon, Tues…… I experienced a dull burning sensation in the center of my chest lasting for hours along with fast fluttery heart beats , burping, a feeling I had to burp but couldn’t and I also felt extremely tired and nauseated.    
Again the burning started in the middle of the night, my heart was taking jumping fits and I started sweating ………my nightgown was soaked.  The burning was very dull and only lasted for approx 20 mins.

Wednesday I got a dull burning sensation in my chest for only about 10 minutes.

Thursday morning…….. I got a dull pain under my left breast again except it didn’t come and go it lasted for about a ½ hour . The dull pain went into my left shoulder and in my left cheek.  

Today - nothing so far.  

Could these be symptoms of heart trouble or something else ?

Thank you,  Cindy

Are you sure that you do not have GERD or acid reflex - many people experience problems at night....the increased heart rate may be a result of your anxiety about the situation...I recently had a series of bloodtests and an upper GI x-ray and was diagnosed with acid reflex....my symptoms were stomach ache...gnawing in the stomach and or tightness....across the belly button area....I have also experienced feeling hot...usually from the waist up......an instant heat....felt like what I expect a hot flash would feel like, but that has been ruled out - I have also experience a burning sensation behind my breastbone - many people experience different symptoms.....Do your symptoms change after you eat?  Have you had any testing done?  At the very least, you should make an appointment and have some testing done....If you do not go and get it checked out, you will probably drive yourself crazy worrying about it....I know that I did.....if you have heart disease in your family, I assume that you have had testing on your heart?
Hi , Thank for your response. I went to my doctor last week and he thought perhaps it was anxiety, or my heart or my stomach so he gave me a prescription get medication for my stomach in case it's that and sent me for blood tests, a chest x-ray and an ecg. During the ecg the person doing it said my heart was beating awfully fast and skipping beats.  Two days later I get a call with an appt to see a cardiologist next week.  My husband suffered with acid reflex until they got him on the right medication........ He thought perhaps it was acid reflex so he gave some of his medication but unfortunately it didn't do anything to help. A few days ago I thought while I was in a pharmacy I would check my blood pressure ( my doctor didn't do that ) it 147/89. That is odd for me because I don't think it has even been over 120/80.  I have never had testing on my heart because I have never had any problems. Occasionally my heart would beat fast after taking asthma meds but never cause pain or the dull burning sensation.  I get light head a lot .............. today I am getting this odd pain under my left breast coming and going ever since I swept the floor about 1/2 an hour ago. Each time I get this it seems to get more intense. Right now the pain is getting worse and I have no idea if I should go to the outdoor.  It is a scary feeling.......... yesterday I got a really bad tired spell and sick feeling with this but not right now.  

Thank you , Cindy
PS, I forgot to mention for the last couple of days I keep getting chills all through me and can't get warm.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the rest of problems, but if feels weird.