Heart Disease Expert Forum
Burning pain beneath collar bone area

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Burning pain beneath collar bone area

I have been experiencing a burning pain beneath the collar bone area for quite some time. The pain comes and goes and some days  it radiates up my neck and on occasion out my arms and through my back. I have episodes of shortness of breath and a lack of energy. I was dianosed with Mitral Valve Prolaspe in 1987 and also a heart murmur when I was 16. I am a female and now 52 years old. It seems when I exert myself or get emotionally stressed I feel short of breath and I have to push myself just to do my normal activity such as house chores. My doctor thinks all my symtoms (symptoms) are related to Mitral Valve Prolaspe. I have been on a 25m. tennomin to slow my heart rate for about two years. My question is could the burning stinging pain below my collar bone be related to MVP or should I be concerned that it could be related to angina pain ? I am just so tired of feeling exhausted and not being able to perform as I should that if there's anything available to help me I'd really like to be educated on it.
I have done some homework on nutritional supplements and have been taken them for some time. I do believe that I wouldn't be feeling as well with out them.
Thank you and God's Blessing to you,
Yellow Hammer
yellow hammer,

Thanks for the post.

Q1:"could the burning stinging pain below my collar bone be related to MVP or should I be concerned that it could be related to angina pain ?"

The answer is Yes, to both questions.

Some people experience significant mitral regurgitation with MVP, which can lead to pulmonary edema, which can lead to shortness of breath, fatigue, and chest discomfort.

However, new chest pain in a 52 yr old person deserves evaluation for coronary artery disease.  Doctors, like patients, want things to be "alright".  Sometimes patients need to push their doctors a bit to ensure that every reasonable stone is being turned.  The particular evaluation that may need completing for possible coronary disease is necessarily different for each person -- your doctor can help you with this.

Best of luck.