Burning sensation.
Hi everyone.   I have a question about burning sensations near the chest.  I have one that is about 2 inches to the left of the center of my chest.   It's a very strange sensation... something between burning and what feels like something is trying to eat it's way out.  Extremely uncomfortable.  The feeling is most prominent few hours before i turn in (usually around midnight) and cal last all night.  Sometimes it hurts during the day as well.  

My health has been up and down for last two years but i'll only include this year.    
One:  i can't sleep.  It's been few years since i had a restful night and i have developed a chronic inflammation in my neck.   Shortly after i had an especially bad month i started to feel my heart going out of control...  sharp chest pains, fast heartbeat and overall my heart was just pounding like it was going to jump out of my chest.  This continued for few weeks and slowly dissipated as i started to relax and sleep a little better.  After the sharp pains stopped,  i started to get this burning sensation.  

Any ideas?    My doctor is starting to call me a liar and her favorite line is "if this drug didn't help then there is nothing wrong"...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also,  sometimes my heart skips a beat and the next one is very heavy,  almost painful.
Also,  i'm 29,   5'10  at 190lbs.  Blood pressure slightly elevated when i have the pains,  normal otherwise.

Sorry for multiple comments.
Actually Karl I was at the clinic last Friday.  I mentioned a burning pain around the area my ICD was in.  They reminded me that I am taking meds for GERD.  Duh...guess I forgot, the meds works so well.  Do you have any gastrointestinal issues?
once every blue moon i'll have light heartburn,  never at the same time as the chest burn.
Also i'm taking aspirin just in case,  helped with the sharp chest pains.