Bypass surgery & valve replacement surgery
My father was told he had aortic disease 10 months ago, but that he should just watch it. He then went to have knee replacement surgery (4 months later)and during the pre-op was told he had a spot on his lung.  They did the knee replacement surgery anyway which caused him to go on coumadin because there was then an emulsion in his lung. When he finally went off coumadin (5 months later) they checked the lung and he was then diagnosed with lung cancer. They then brought him in for more tests(a month later) to see if it had spread to his lymphnodes. Coming out of the test he had immense chest pain and had to stay the night in ICU. The doctor told him to have an angiogram. 1 week later, they did the angiogram and found he had 2 clogged arteries and needed a valve replacement.  (1 week later he got an apppointment) and he went to see a heart surgeon who told him in 1 week he should be able to get on the schedule and he would get valve replacement with a pig valve, and  he would need 3 arteries unclogged with bypass surgery. the doctor said it would be a 4.5 hour surgery.  The doctors do not explain things well and i would like someone to tell me the risks involved.
I can definitely understand your concerns.  Your father has multiple medical issues going on, simultaneously.  Are his doctors working together to determine the best course of treatment given the presence of lung cancer as well as the CAD and valve disease?  It seems that things have changed rather quickly for your Dad, and while all of this may be possible, I'd be inclined to get at least one additional opinion.  Have the doctors said he needs the surgery right away, or would they be comfortable (time-wise) with him getting a second opinion.  

Is your father receiving treatment at a major medial center?  Have they suggested a treatment plan once his surgery has taken place?  

I'm really sorry that you are not getting the information you need.  Please do not hesitate to ask questions and for copies of the medical tests and reports.  Your father will have to give his permission, but the test results may prove helpful, especially if he plans to get a second and/or third opinion.