Heart Disease Expert Forum
Bypass surgery with Muscle Flap

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Bypass surgery with Muscle Flap
  I wrote you on 3/14/99 concerning the muscle flap and my brestbone rubbing
  against each other.
  Brief summary, I had a caughing ceasure and the briddle came apart after
  out of intensive care on the second day.....I was rushed back to surgery
  and given the muscle flap....
  My question is .....could they have inserted the wiring again in another
  place or a different method?
  Sincerely Joe

_

Dear Joe,
I don't really know what they did in your surgery.  The best thing would be to ask your doctors.  There should be a surgical report in your chart as well.  Chest pain following open heart surgery can take some time to resolve so hang in there.
  :  I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.  Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
  : : : : If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.  The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.