Bystolic
Recently I was put on Bystolic, to be taken at night. After the first tablet my blood pressure was 130/69 and has remained that since the beginning. I am precribed Hyzaar 100-12 for my B/P in the morning and it averages anywhere from 160/85 to 185/90. What is causing this and what should I do to bring the morning reading down? I am asking you because I need a second opinion.

This discussion is related to Side effects of Bystolic.
I'm wondering if you have had any side effects from the Bystolic taken at night. I just started on it and it's been great except that I'm having trouble with diarrhea, which appears to be from this pill.  I have beent taking it right after dinner, and I'm wondering if that's my problem.  I also take Micardis at bed. Then during the day Sular and Furosemide.
   I don't have any ideas for your morning problem, but I'd really like to know about side effects, if any from the Bystolic. It has worked so well otherwise that I sure don't want to give it up.  I came off Toporol and then Lopressor...both caused me some major night time problems.     thank you for any help you can give me