Heart Disease Expert Forum
CAD at age 30 with few risk factors?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CAD at age 30 with few risk factors?

Hello. Recently I've started to feel slight chest pain when walking up hills, but also occationally at rest. The pain is not retrosternal, but aching/itching, and appears to origin deep within the chest, possibly from the back. It's usually not present when I'm using my stationary bike, even at high heart rates, and usually not when jogging.

My blood pressure at rest is 100/60. Latest cholesterol test: 4,8 mmol/l, with HDL 1,2 mmol/l and LDL 3,5 mmol/l. Low triglycerides, BMI 22,5, non-smoker, no illegal drugs, fairly stressed lifestyle, some anxiety, bad family history, grandparent and dad with CAD at age 55. They both were smoking and had high chol. + blood pressure.

Had my most recent stress test and echo in december 11. Heart rate and sys BP both climbed to 190. All EKGs during the stress test normal, no ST-dep. No ectopics during the test (I get a few PACs during exercise occationally). Normal drop in BP and HR after test stopped. Echo completely normal. Calcium score zero in september 11. Went to the ER after last episode of chest discomfort. Had some discomfort when the EKG was registered. It was normal. Yesterday, my GP told me to run for 2 minutes before registering an EKG. Had a heart rate of 140, still normal EKG (though lots of baseline noise in limb leads).

I get some aching when taking a deep breath. The doctor found extremely tense muscles behind the shoulderblade/ribs.
People at the communities have been really helpful, but I also wanted to ask a doctor. Can I still trust the 6 months old stress test and the calcium score? How likely is CAD in my case?
Hello. By the information you just reported, your coronary artery disease probability is low  There is no indication of doing a treadmill stress test for chest pain in a patient with low pretest probability, so even if the test was 5 years old I would not repeat it. Best
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank