Heart Disease Community
CHEST PAIN AND EXTREME ANXIETY IN 25 YEAR OLD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

COULD I HAVE ANGINA OR A PENDING HEART ATTACK?  I AM A 25 YEAR OLD FEMALE ADN HAVE BEEN HAVING MOSTLY LEFT SIDED CHEST PAINS FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW.  I AM VERY CONCERNED NOW THEY ARE MOVING TO THE RIGHT SIDE AND THE MIDDLE OF THE STERNUM.  I ALSO SOMETIMES FEEL PAINS IN MY LEFT SHOULDER, ARM, AND FINGERS.  I WENT TO THE ER 3 WEEKS AGO WITH CHEST PAINS AND AN IMPENDING SENSE OF DOOM.  THEY DID BLOOD WORK, EKG MONITORING, CHEST X RAY, CT SCAN AND ALL CAME BACK NORMAL.  MY CHOLESTEROL WAS 135 AND MY BP WAS GOOD.  I HAVE NO HISTORY OF FAMILY HEART DISEASE.  I HAVE HAD ANXIETY IN THE PAST BUT THIS FEELS DIFFERENT.  I'M SCARED EVERYDAY OF DYING AND I JUST FEEL A DOOM CLOUD OVER MY HEAD.  I READ AN ARTICLE WHERE WOMEN HAVE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS THAN MEN INCLUDING THIS SENSE OF DOOM, INDIGESTION, ETC.  I HAVE ALL THESE AND IT SAYS YOU CAN HAVE THEM FOR A MONTH BEFORE THE HEART ATTACK.  I JUST KEEP WAITING FOR IT.  MY DOCTOR DID AN EKG WHICH CAME BACK WITH INVERTED T WAVES SO HE ORDERED MYOVIEW NUCLEAR STRESS TEST WHICH CAME BACK NORMAL.  HE ALONG WITH THE CARDIOLOGIST ENSURES ME MY HEART IS FINE.  I'VE HEARD STRESS TESTS AREN'T VERY ACCURATE AND I'M JUST WONDERING, COULD I BE HAVING ANGINA LEADING TO A HEART ATTACK?  I'VE BEEN TOLD EVERYTHING FROM GERD TO POSTPARDUM TO ANXIETY (I HAD A BABY 5 MONTHS AGO).  I'M ON PROZAC, TRANXENE, AND PRILOSEC WHICH DON'T SEEM TO BE HELPING THE INDIGESTION OR WORRY.  WHAT SHOULD I DO?  SHOULD I PRESS FOR MORE TESTS?  I'M SO SCARED I'LL DIE AND NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABY.  PLEASE HELP!!!!
THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

I hv read your problem. Hope this article can be great resource for your information:

A heart attack (myocardial infarction, or MI) occurs when one or more of the coronary arteries, which supply the heart with oxygen-rich blood, is blocked. A blockage usually occurs when plaque inside the coronary artery breaks open and a blood clot forms around it. See an illustration of how plaque causes a heart attack.

The plaque and blood clot obstruct blood flow to the heart muscle cells, depriving them of oxygen and other nutrients. Without blood supply, the heart muscle cells die. If a large area of the heart is damaged by a heart attack, it can cause sudden death. Heart attack requires immediate treatment to restore blood flow.

Angina is a type of chest pain that occurs when there is not enough blood flow to the heart muscle, often the result of narrowing of the coronary arteries. Angina can be either stable or unstable. Stable angina occurs predictably with a specific amount of exertion or activity. Unstable angina may occur as:

A change in the usual pattern of stable angina.
Chest pain that occurs at rest or with less and less exertion, may be more severe and last longer, or is less responsive to nitroglycerin.
The onset of angina in a person who previously did not have it.
Because unstable angina can progress to a heart attack, it requires immediate medical attention.

For complete information pls visit http://www.medical-health-care-information.com/encyclopedia/H/Heart-Attack-and-Unstable-Angina.asp

Tak care

RM
As an anxious 25 year old myself, let me just tell you that the mind is a very powerful thing.  If you spend time reading up on symptoms about some disorder that you're afraid you have, chances are you'll start experiencing them.  Stop trying to self-diagnose and start trying to relax and exercise.  That's made all the difference for me.
I always have chest pains and for some reason just need to understand that if I die I die...I also have two children and don't want to leave there side but what can you honestly do...I believe a lot if the pain is in our minds and I hope that you all get help and hope it goes away for you and hoping one day for myself....
I am a 25 year old female as well and i have had the same symptoms and same feeling as you. I have had all the same tests and they have all came back normal , i have been to 5 different doctors and to the ER twice and they all say anxiety and panic attacks. i feel like its something way worse and not panic attacks and every day i am scared i am going to end up having heart failure or heart attack and die because they overlooked something because i am only 25. I see a caridologist next week because i will not give up. This is my life. I will not give up or believe anyone until they have done every test possible and look at every thing possible and conclude that i am fine after all of that. I often feel like if this is anxiety that its bad enough i should be put in the hospital. I am not able to do anything. My qaulity of life is none because i feel so sick all the time. I feel very alone and like no one is taking me seriously or listening to me. My advice is dont give up until you feel comfortable and at peace. Its your health and your the only one who knows how you feel and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Hi there,I'm a 27 male,have 2 kids,and have the same thing as you,I get scared of dying all the time since I first had the chest tightness and felt like all my organs were shutting down and was finding it hard to breath,got taken to ED and all test came back normal,except I had a small delta wave on my ECG its almost unoticable.I got diagnosed with Wolf Parkinson's White Syndrome.So i think it might help if you could just look up WPW.I,m going to work tomorrow despite the chest pains,and to the Dr the day after,will update you if what my he says answers our question.
From someone who has the same symptoms as you mainly when I'm anxious after chest pains.I would advise you to stop thinking about it too much,and to stop thinking about death,for your mind can be deceiving at times. Try and think of something that will give you hope e.g your kids.For me I'm a christian - SDA, and find solace in my faith in God and believing in him and also my kids and my wife. I hope this Bible verse gives you hope,

Jeremiah 29:11-12  
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
I have the same thing as well. I've used to do a lot of drugs and alcohol. But so have everyone else I know and they seem fine. I still drink but I stopped using any drugs. Its the worst feeling ever and I feel like no one even comes close to understanding. its a constant uncomfortable feeling in my chest, I have irregular heartbeats, general confusion, feeling like I am going to have a heart attack or something. Also terrible social anxiety that I never had. The only way to fix it is to take xanax or drink a good amount of booze. Obviously not healthy. Doctors say my heart is fine and want to put me on zoloft but I am hesitant to take anti-depressants.