Heart Disease Expert Forum
CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE
Posted By JOON PUG on December 21, 1998 at 16:24:58:

A friend of mine seems to be in late stages of congestive heart failure and she will not seek a Dr's help or admit herself to a hospital.  I do not want to go into all her symptoms, but my question is, how is the best way to care for open, unhealing wounds that are occurring from her knees down?  The initial swelling has decreased, and she is breathing somewhat easier, but she is also refusing to allow her family to wrap the sores and merely rinses them with water.  She is hardly able to walk and has no appetite.  I am greatly worried about her and want to help.  Also, is there any foods she should stay clear of?