CPR post-bypass surgery
I have been told by our primary doctor that my husband should not have CPR in the event of a heart attack because it could cause more damage than he could stand.  He is 15 yrs post-4-way bypass of his heart.  I would like a second opinion because if he was to have a heart attack today I think I would ask them to do CPR.  I don't want him to suffer any more but I don't want to lose him if he could be saved either.  He is 69 years old.  Thank you.

i don't know how anyone can give you any opinion on whether to do CPR or not.  I would consult with a cardiologist for advice and read up on the actual success rate of CPR.  Not great in the best of conditions.  
Doctors use statistics to come to many decisions which in my opinion is wrong because it's still down to individual cases and how can you say if someone will be 1% or 99% in the statistical probability. Anyway, here are some criteria for NOT doing CPR because the probability of survival is 0%....
Septal shock, acute stroke, metastic cancer, severe pneumonia.

other criteria where CPR may be performed but survival is around 4%

Very low blood pressure, kidney failure, AIDS, age > 70.

There is NOTHING to do with bypass surgery which limits CPR decisions and his sternum will be very strong after 15 years. Even hours after surgery, CPR can be performed. Does your husband have any condition that may relate to the above list?
In the UK, IF a Doctor believes revival would be futile, then he will discuss this with the patient to ensure they understand. The next of kin is also involved in the discussion. The decision can be argued against and if the patient decides they WANT revival to be attempted, then it will.