CT Angio vs Angiography
This is a question regarding Angiogram. My Dad had a painful experience while doing angiogram.
Off-late, My Mom has been complaining of heart aches. I want to be sure she doesn't have a problem.

I understand there is a new Procedure called CT-Angiography. How different is it from regular angiogram.
Are both painful? How is the dye injected when compared to a regular angiogram?

What are the advantages and disadvantes of both these procedures.

Shri,

In CT angiogram, dye is injected via IV (similar to drips) where as standard angio catheter is inserted through veins which allows doctor navigate to heart vesseks to see the picture clearly and record the arteries pressure and other details more clearly. Standard angio procedure carries 1% risk and the risk includes damages of some muscles etc. Strictly speaking it is your family decision.

Vidhya
Did they use sufficient local anaesthetic? During different parts of the procedure, they inject different volumes of contrast. This, depending on which artery is receiving the dye, causes heat sensations in the body, pain down the sides of the body, chest pains etc. They only last for about 5 seconds, but can be alarming if you don't know it's going to happen. In almost all my procedures, I've been warned before the symptoms occur which does allow you to relax more, knowing it's normal. In my last procedure they didn't warn me and I had to ask several times if I should be feeling pain.
The best thing to do, is ask the cardiologist to inject some relaxing meds before the procedure. You are between being awake and asleep and feel nothing.