Calcification of Aorta
Dear Sir,
I am a 59 year old man and I am on a statin medication of 10mg daily for the past 8 years for elevated levels of cholesterol which runs in my family. I am not a Diabetic and my BP is normal. My chest X-ray showed mild calcification of the aorta but I have no symptoms. Is this of concern. Can taking Vit K2, Mk 7 help to reverse this process. Please reply to my e-mail address ameen.***@****. Thanking you
Dear ameensait:  I have had calcification in the aorta of my stomach for 25 years and it is not  a problem.. I have no symptons.. the doctors say that calcification in the aorta in the stomach is usually not a problem . The aorta is so large that the blood flow is usually not restricted.. It takes lots of calcification to block the aorta.. at least thats what the doctors have told me about mine for years... hope this helps Claytex