Heart Disease Expert Forum
Can Atrial Fibrulation be caused by Interstitial Lung Disease?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can Atrial Fibrulation be caused by Interstitial Lung Disease?

Having been a victim of exposure to Asbestos my doctors diagnosed me with ILD or Interstitial Lung Disease in January of 1999. After a bout with Phosgene Gas in 1993 my lungs became an area of concern with shortness of breath problems. Combined with the Gas exposure and Asbestos exposure [1958-1983] concern caused me to check on lungs.  Question is: Can AF be caused by ILD or lung disease? Thank you for your response and forum to vent such questions.  

I am presently being treated with a blood thinner [Coumadin 5MG]and medicine [Digoxin 0.25MG] to correct the AF and lower risk of clotting by Dr. John Carthy. Results of EchoCardiogram or Sonigram seem to be excellent as the valves seem normal.  
Results from Xray and Breathing tests determined heavy plural thickening inside lung consistent with heavy exposure to asbestos and lung disease consistent wityh exposure to asbestos.  Phosgene gas exposure also causes plural thickening and damage. [A refrigerant FREON 12 was ignited by a service technician in a residence while removing a compressor.  Oxygen-Acetylene torch flame changed from blue to bright green. PHOSGENE GAS was formed by accident and three people were gassed by two pounds of gas burning in a confined kitchen sarea. [Similar to World War I gas]  Lungs damaged 2nd time. 10/16/00 9:35 AM Tampa, Florida