Heart Disease Expert Forum
Can CPap Machines cause heart attacks
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Can CPap Machines cause heart attacks

Posted By Jim on July 17, 1999 at 13:16:05
In Feb. of 1998 I went to a Sleep Clinic for snoring. After going through there testing, they put me on a CPap Machine.  It took me several month to get use to using this.  In June of 1998 I had the first of 4 heart attacks in 8 months.  With each on set of attacks, I always had pressure in my chest like my lungs were so blotted and putting pressure on my heart. 3 of these attacks came at night or early morning while using the machine. The doctors said that a graph for my triple bypass surgery in Sept. 1992 was causing the attacks by closing.  I agree with them on that but I also feel that the CPap machine brough the attacks on also.  I am currently 52 years old and I have stoped using the machine because I feel the machine has something to do with the onset.  I would like your opinion.

Follow Ups:

Re: Can CPap Machines cause heart attacks CCF CARDIO MD JMF 7/19/1999
(0)