Heart Disease Expert Forum
Can a trauma raise blood pressure?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can a trauma raise blood pressure?

Can an upsetting incident cause blood pressure that is usually normal to jump?  For a week after the incident I had a horrible headache.  I finally went in to the doctor and my blood pressure was 156/100. My doctor gave me Atenenol to get it down.  My pulse now is 58 and bp is 90/70.  I am very tired and dizzy now, though.