Heart Disease Community
Can being over-heated and slightly dehydrated cause tachycardia in the ...

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Can being over-heated and slightly dehydrated cause tachycardia in the 140's?

Hi All,

OK, I was at an amusement park yesterday with my husband and daughters.  It was about 88 and pretty humid.  I was waiting in the sun while my girls were on the kiddie rides when I felt my heart start to race.  I felt extremely hot and sweaty all day before the tachy hit.  Here's my question...can being over-heated and slightly dehydrated cause tachycardia of 140 or so?  Lately I've noticed that after a hot shower I also have tachycardia.  It lasts about 15 min. and then goes right down.  Am I crazy or is this a body's normal response to being too hot?  Hope you're all doing well!

momto3girls
Hello! I do think that being dehydrated can cause a fast heartrate. I made a visit to the ER for a fast heart rate and chest discomfort ....they told me i was dehydrated and needed to drink more liquids. this is probably your case as well being that it was so hot...im 19 and i go to nursing school your suppose to drink 2400ml of water or gatorade a day !! I also feel a fast heartrate while in the shower as well !!

Hope This Helps !!

Hope This Helps !!
They told me to drink more liquid and eat more salt ..that does kind of equal Gatorade doesn't it? LOLOL
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
erijon Is finally getting settled ... Comment
Flycaster305 A-fib caused kidney failure... Comment
remar commented on Watched a classic mov...