Aa
A
A
Close
Can blood color indicate heart disease?
Hi, so since a day of overexercising, it looks like my blood turned light purple :$
Maybe it sounds like an stupid conclusion, but I can notice that in every place where I should get a reddish color, I'm getting a light purple one instead. For example a rash, my fingernails, my face after crying, a scar, a scratch, whatever, now get light purple instead of red. I got EKG, echo and other tests, all came back normal. What are the causes of this colouration?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Bluish discoloration of the blood is termed as cyanosis and this occurs with hypoxia. As your tests are normal I assume O2 sat is good. If the discoloration is localized to hands then it could be raynaud's phenomenon. Also, check to see if it is an allergic reaction.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello Doctor, please check this out, I've attached pics here http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/What-do-you-think-about-this-permanent-discoloration/show/1818448?personal_page_id=2770133
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
As long as your O2 sats and ejection fraction are good, you don't have to worry. Also, for cyanosis to occur you should have symptoms of breathlessness.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764