Heart Disease Community
Can one stop taking Tonact TG?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Can one stop taking Tonact TG?

I am female of age 40. I had 298 chholestrol. 497 triglycerides. Also high B.P 150/100. So I was given Amlovas 5mg and Tonact TG. I am under strick diet control and also doing regular excercise and now my B.P is normal though it sometimes raises but then after doing pranayam and diet control it comes to normal. I took B.P medicines in between only when it was too high but now after diet control it came down so I am not taking medicine. But I am taking Tonact TG. After two months my Cholestrol level came down to 173 and triglycerides to 236. I would like to know that after continuing this medicine for two more months when the levels will be normal or below normal, will it be possible to stop taking the Tonact TG or will have to continue life long even if I will do regular excercise, yoga pranayam and diet control ? I am taking garlic, lemon tea too. Can any one suggest me how to control cholestrol and triglycerides specially because it is genetic. Your answer may help me and many more like me.
Having suffered heart attack last year I have been exploring literature and looking for various ways of reducing cholostral. I have applied some of them and I also take Tonact Plus. Looks like, you are doing everything what can bring down cholostral levels. I am sure once you are able to bring down your cholostral to safe levels you may be able to discontinue Tonact. I my case the safe levels of LDL and triglycrides are targeted as <75 and <100 respectively. I am attempting three different ways for achieving this target:
1. Yoga and pranayam -looks like this way of life restores functioning of various body systems, which are responsible for controlling complete body chemistry on its own. This should help in keeping cholostral and deposits in the arteries in control.
2. Exercise - regular exercise daily is said to lower triglycrides.
3. Diet - I take very low fat diet. I take lot of fruits(at least five servings daily). I take two servings of green vegetables salad daily. I also take a glass of juice from fruits and vegetables daily. I have read that following are very effective in lowering the cholostral:
Apples
Apple Cidar vinegar
Garlic-raw
Ginger
Amla
Flaxseeds
Oats

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much Teenu. I am really very much satisfied by your answer. Now I am confident that I can lower my cholestrol levels, specially I thank you for the levels to be targeted for LDL and triglycerides respectively. And also for the effective diet to lower the cholostral level.
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am suffering from high blood pressure for the past 6 months.
My Blood pressure leve is 160 / 110.  I have conisered with our family doctore and use the following medicines.  Amolovas 5mg, Cardace 5mg and Minipress 5mg (twice time per day each 1 tablets).  After taking these medicines, my blood pressure was controlled.  On that time, I went vacation and spent holiday with my family.  Now, I am working in a private company about 10 hours per day.  Now my pressure not controlled even using the above tablets.

Can you please advice to me, how i reliefe from high blood presser in this situation?

I am eagerly awaiting for your kind reply
my emai id : mac_ns7***@****

kind regards,
Mac
Friends,

I am a 30 year old male. Recently I have been diagnosed with high cholestrol level (LDL 145). My doctor prescribed me at have Tonact TG once a day for 3 months.
I need to understand the side effects of this medicine. Did you encounter any side effects of the medicine? Please advice.

Regards,
Manu
Unless I have any other known heart problems I would like to keep the control of LDL by making changes in my diet only. But in case of some heart issue due to blockages, it may be necessary to go for medicines to keep the LDL levels low.

I am taking Tonact 10mg daily for more than a year due to blockages in my arteries. I take a number of other medicines for my heart problem that it is difficult to attribute any side effect specifically to Tonact. May be there is non.

Wish you good luck.
I was taking Tonact TG when my TG was as high as 600.  After three months of exercise and tonact intake my TG came down to 187.  During next two months I discontinued tonact TG as per doctoral advice but continued with exercise that is daily morning walk for one hour.  However just one week before the recent blood test I took two pegs of alcohol at an interval of one week.  This is the total consumption of alcohol in the whole of the year. I am surprised to see my TG having risen to 547.  Could just two pegs of alcohol in a year make such a difference in TG?  Please advise.