Heart Disease Community
Can someone help me

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Can someone help me

Ok so for about 3 months now I have had  chest discomfort with some arm discomfort that come's and goes mostly comes at night.I've been to the ER twice both time's I've had blood work,X-rays,and ekg's.The blood work and x-rays came back normal the ekg's came back abnormal the ER doctor looked at my past visit and said it could be gas like the last time but wanted me to get a ECG just to be sure (since I have had heart surgery to fix a birth defect).I went a cardiologist but couldn't get the ECG because I wasn't insured and didn't have 500 dollar's.The discomfort is still here and im tired of it so what should I do?

More info I am 19 years old 244 pounds with no health issues and work almost everyday.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

An EKG or ECG is electrocardiogram. You must be meaning echocardiogram or ECHO, this will show the structural abnormalities in the heart. It will show the status post surgery. Angina or pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart is usually retrosternal (mid chest or slightly to the left) and is usually brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. But there can be atypical varieties also.The pain you experience does not seem to fall into the category of typical angina. Angina many a times can be missed by a routine ECG. In which case, a treadmill or an exercise ECG may help. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.