Can you have regurgitation without having MVP?
Can you have mitral valve and tricuspid regurgitation without having MVP? I've tried looking everywhere for that answer but it seems like MVP is the cause of the regurgitation. My doctor didnt mention anything to me about MVP, just that I had mild regurgitation.

Thanks.
Yes!  I've the same leaks but do not have MVP.
I have mitral and tricupid regurgitation without prolaspe.They are very mild.

Here is an article :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Chronic mitral regurgitation is a long-term disorder in which the valve (mitral valve) that separates the left upper chamber of the heart (atrium) from the left lower chamber (ventricle) does not close properly. The condition is progressive, which means it gradually gets worse.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors    Return to top

Mitral regurgitation is the most common type of heart valve insufficiency. Chronic mitral regurgitation affects approximately 6% of women and 3% of men. After 55 years of age, some degree of mitral regurgitation is found in almost 20% of men and women who have an echocardiogram.

Any disorder that weakens or damages the mitral valve or causes the left ventricle to become widened (dilated) may lead to mitral regurgitation. Over time, more blood backs up into the left atrium from the left ventricle, and the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the rest of the body. This may lead to congestive heart failure.

Mitral regurgitation becomes chronic when the condition persists rather than occurring for only a short time period. Chronic mitral regurgitation should be distinguished from acute mitral regurgitation. Acute mitral regurgitation may become chronic.

Mitral valve prolapse, which involves weakening and ballooning out of the valve and affects about 5% of the population, is a relatively common cause of chronic mitral regurgitation.

About one-third of all cases of chronic mitral regurgitation are caused by rheumatic heart disease, a complication of untreated strep throat that is becoming less common. Rheumatic heart disease can lead to thickening, rigidity, and retraction of the mitral valve leaflets.