Can't sleep. Please help
I was recently diagnosed with afib. Sent home with amiodarone and Diovan. I don't have another appt with my GP for 3 weeks. I make it through the day fine but at night I have problems. When it's time for bed I get weird sensations.  It's happened every night. I have a sense of impending doom and I wake myself up.  My poor wife. She is missing out on sleep, and I do everything I can to avoid it. I am so drained and tired but scared as hell.  I did try Ambien and that was not pretty. Will not use that drug again. Please help me if you can!
Hi there, Ricklong

I had A-fib and SVT attacks for a while and can still remember the fear of sleeping!  I would fall asleep after some relaxation-techniques (close your eyes, tell your feet to relax and then move all the way up to your face and then you stay relaxed enough to go to sleep) but then I would wake up during the night with the SVT's and typical panic-attacks in mid-morning-hours and hubby did not get any sleep either as I was to anxious to go back to sleep!

The medication you are on now are both heart-related to treat the A-fib and protect your heart.  What you need now, just a short term measure, is Xanor, Valium or even a sleep pill so that you can just get through the night!

I was on Xanor (eventually had Cardiac Ablation done and heart-valve surgery) and I used it just to get through that difficult stage in my life and get some sleep :)

All the best and just know that you are not alone out there...
Thank you for your time. It really does help to share your problem with people who have already been there and sone that.  Again, thanks.

Rick long
As I mentioned in response to an earlier post, Amiodarone is a very powerful drug with many side effects.  In my opinion, and keep in mind I'm not a health profressional, if your A-Fib is gone and your heart is beating normally, I'd call my doctor and ask if you need to stay on it.  Mention your sleepnessness and stress levels.  
Smiles gave you also good advice (Happy Birthday, Smiles!), if you can relax a bit, it will be good for your heart, good for your wife, good for your marriage.  Learning one has heart issues is very stressful.  Fortunately, those of us with long standing heart issues know that we are lucky it's our heart that is compromised, it is the single organ that can be fixed and repaired with good medicines, diet and exercise.