Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cardiac ablation and castro intestinal problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I had a cardiac ablation proceedure 90 days ago.  I am now symptom free however, it seems that my stomach becomes bloated and gasious frequently and that there are additional gastro intestinal problems as well.  Because the physician prescribed Nexium for several weeks after the proceedure I'm concerned that there maybe a complication resulting from the proceedure
Are you still on the nexium?  If not I would probably resume it.  Also, it is possible that in the process of ablating thePulmonary veins (I am assuming you had an AF ablation) there was some dagame to the vagal nerve which runs around the esophagus.  The good news is that the injury to that never usually gets better.  Alternatively, the problem you are having now is unrelated to the ablation at all.  Either way, I would recommend seeing your PCP or at least calling the doctor who did the ablation to discuss this problem.