Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cardiac ablation and castro intestinal problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cardiac ablation and castro intestinal problems

I had a cardiac ablation proceedure 90 days ago.  I am now symptom free however, it seems that my stomach becomes bloated and gasious frequently and that there are additional gastro intestinal problems as well.  Because the physician prescribed Nexium for several weeks after the proceedure I'm concerned that there maybe a complication resulting from the proceedure
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
242508_tn?1287427246
Are you still on the nexium?  If not I would probably resume it.  Also, it is possible that in the process of ablating thePulmonary veins (I am assuming you had an AF ablation) there was some dagame to the vagal nerve which runs around the esophagus.  The good news is that the injury to that never usually gets better.  Alternatively, the problem you are having now is unrelated to the ablation at all.  Either way, I would recommend seeing your PCP or at least calling the doctor who did the ablation to discuss this problem.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank