Cardiocerebral Resuscitation
This is NOT "alternative"--it has been adopted by the Red Cross and is mainstream.
___

Survival Rates Triple With New CPR Procedure

Victims are more likely to live through a heart attack when administered Cardiocerebral Resuscitation, developed at the UA.

By Daniel Stolte, Sarver Heart Center
March 10, 2008

A new paramedic resuscitation method called Cardiocerebral Resuscitation, developed at The University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, has resulted in a threefold increase in the survival rates of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.

The results are published in the March 12 issue of one the world’s foremost medical journals, the Journal of the American Medical Association, or JAMA.

Thanks for posting!!!  I'd heard that the techniques had changed, but hadn't checked out the specifics.  It's time to do that...thanks for the reminder : )

connie
I thought it was time, too.  I posted some stuff on the Tim Russert thread about it, and then thought the reference above it really should have its own thread so more people could see that it exists and notice the JAMA reference.
http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotlight/learn-sarver-heart-centers-continuous-chest-compression-cpr