Cardiomyopathy, PVC and low EF
About a year ago I blacked out at work. In the hospital they found my EF to be 35% and on the Stress Test I developed extra heartbeats. So they did a Heart Cath and found only minor blockage <70% on the right artery. I had an ICD implanted. About a month after that, the ICD fired because of an erratic heartbeat. Never felt 100% after that. 6 months later saw my Cardiologist and he ordered an echo. He saw that my EF had dropped to about 35% from the 45% it was after recovery from the ICD implantation. Last week while lying in bed I became short of breath and my breathing was about 26 per min. My pulse was 35. When I went to the hospital, I noticed that the EKG showed my heart rate at 70, yet my pulse was still running between 31 and 35. It also showed that I now have a regular PVC. Is this a sign of progression of the cardiomyopathy? And for background, I was diagnosed with Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy and I am a 52 year old male in good shape.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The heart rate and the pulse rate may not be the same. You may not perceive all the beats. PVC is premature ventricular contraction and it could be a consequence to  Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy. Now the focus of therapy should be on maintaining an adequate ejection fraction and prevent complications due to abnormal rhythm. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I'm scheduled to have another Echo cardiogram. I also am having a second lead put in to my ICD which I gather is to try and regulate my heart more. But I guess at this point it seems that my heart function has changed a lot in one year. I have regular PVC's now, when a year ago they only showed up on a stress test. On the Cardio Pulmonary stress test a few weeks ago, the PVC's increased to the point that my Cardiologist said that I was having a lot of them. Also my EF has dropped in the past year as well. My main concern is about the progression of this disease and how much it will change in the future. Is the medication and the new lead on my ICD just an attempt to slow or stop the progression, or is this the way my heart will be now?  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The new lead and the medications will support the heart to cope with the changes occurring due to the progression of  Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy. Though the progression of the disease cannot be controlled, the symptoms can be controlled.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.