Cardiomyopathy Healing
Hi I'm a 38 year old mother of 3 kids and diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy presumed from a virus about 4 years ago. I am currently on Atacand 8mg and I have moved interstate recently. I have been seen by 3 cardiologists since moving here and all have given me different answers. Firstly they said that I'm healing(This is from April this year ecg) They sent me in November to the heart rehab.program after a stress test first. The nurse stated I have LBBB and I asked what it was and she explained it. Also said that I was classified as a Heart Failure patient. I recently saw another cardiologist which they sent me to and he stated that I've healed,however is going to put me on a Beta Blocker whilst on Atacand and I can resume some sporting activities. How confusing is this. I've been instructed from my original Cardiologist that I have cardiomyopathy and wont be playing sport again as it hasnt changed in 4 years,however since moving they are saying I have healed.I don't know what to do and are extremely angry,confused and distressed by this.Any Advice would be great. I'm thinking of going to have another Ecg to confirm findings...What do you think..Angry Ant
Cardiomyopathies don't just heal. They are chronic in nature and life changes happen because of this. I am taking it that because your cardiomyopathy has started off due to a virus, that you have a form of Systolic Heart Failure. ( Other Cardiomyopathies include Diastolic Cardiomyopathy which is known as Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, and Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy) In your form of cardiomyopathy, the walls of the heart thin out and because of that, the heart doesn't have the capability to squeeze blood through the heart the way it should. This is known as the Ejection Fraction (EF%); the normal is between 50-70. I would contact your first cardiologist and discuss this with him; he sounds like he is being frank and honest with you.