Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cardiomyopathy and PVCs

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Cardiomyopathy and PVCs
I was diagnosed with ideopathic, nonischemic CM in September with an EF of 35%.  Since then I recently had another echo (EF 40-45%)and a Stress test and my EF was up to 50% and am feeling a little better.  I had a halter monitor during that time as well.  The problem is during all of these tests I was having constant PVCs and continue to have them.  They are very annoying as the are causing me a lot of trouble sleeping and I wake up frequently. Shouldn't these start to resolve if I am getting better?  I am on Coreg 6.25 bid, vasotec, and lanoxin.  My BP is low and always has been (average 108/66).  Should I just ignore these or could I be on better meds to control them.  My cardiologist is hoping they go away.  Please help.  Thanks
It sounds like you are already on good medications. I would also have expected these PVCs to get better with improvement in your heart function. Perhaps they will decrease in frequency as you continue to improve.