Heart Disease Community
Cardiomyopathy treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Cardiomyopathy treatment

Could Co enzyme C O Q 10 be seen as a aid to combat cardiomyopathy
To my knowledge there are 2 forms of Q10, they are : Ubiquinona and Ubiquinol.

Ubiquinol is more recent and seems to have a better absorption that ubiquinona.

Also there are other complements that I think are helping me: Vit. D, Vit. B1, Taurine and D-Ribose.

Good luck
Yes C O Q 10 is in my opinion  a great thing, my Dr and others highly recommended it. Once, he treated an old person whom nothing helped anymore was in the end stage,
  O Q 10 had HELPED. He lived  more years well.
I also was reading about many similar cases on other places.
I had some for myself 1-2 years after diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy
I don’t know for sure but most  likely it was also  helping  for  my EF  to go up from 20% to over 60%
I have had several cardiologists also say how CoQ10 seems to assist with many heart problems, especially helping heart tissue to recover and also, assist tissue that is under ischemia. It seems strange how Doctors in the UK are not allowed to actually prescribe this medication, yet know the benefits. Maybe more research is required.
I dont think soo it is about more research is required at all.:))) It is about money.
CoQ10 is expensive, so they want it to stay like that. You cant really think health care is about people. Healthcare is about money first and most.:)
I can't see your point when our medication in the uk isn't free :)
A Doctor prescribes a medication, then we take the slip to a pharmacy and pay for it.
One thing about CoQ10 that I was told by my Doctor, apparently there are different types and only one is showing good results for the heart. I can't remember the type names or any other details tho :(
QUOTE: I can't see your point when our medication in the uk isn't free

>>>>>I believe the reference is "high prices".  There isn't anything that is free, and that includes socialized medicine!. The cost of socialized medicine is an inability to timely treatment and sometimes no treatment at all...The same problems exist with HMO care.

"A growing body of research indicates that CoQ10 is absolutely critical to heart health, particularly as we age. As an energy producer it is essential to efficient heart function, and clinical studies show that it has been a valuable adjuvant treatment for post-heart attack patients. In addition, a course of supplemental CoQ10 taken before heart surgery is believed to minimize post-surgical complications like arrythmias".
It is strange you can not see my point.:)

I looked up your country.

"Some people automatically get free prescriptions. Certain people can get an exemption certificate to obtain free prescriptions. Also, anyone needing regular prescriptions may save money by buying a Prescription Prepayment Certificate. Note: prescriptions are free to all in Northern Ireland and Wales."

" Who is entitled to get free prescriptions in England and Scotland?
.
•If you are aged 60 or over.
•If you are under 16.
•If you are aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education.
•If you are pregnant, or have had a baby in the previous 12 months, and have an exemption certificate (see below).
•If you have a listed medical condition and have an exemption certificate (see below).
•If you are an NHS in-patient.
•If you (or your partner) gets one of the following:
◦Income Support.
◦Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
◦Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
◦Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
•If you are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
•Some war pensioners - if treatment is connected with the pensionable disability.
•People on a low income who have a certificate HC2 (see below)."

......................................................................

Vitamins and I put CoQ10  there a HUGE BUSINESS world wide

Now if the CoQ10 was free, millions and millions of pounds,dollars etc would stay in the pocket of the people. Every old person and all smokers also should take it I was told by a health professional once, not only heart patients.

Also I do not believe one is good the other is not.

But some unknown reason I was taking and recommend Solgar .
free = free prescriptions
I think you are moving away from the point, we are not discussing how society is made up. But, as you show an interest :)
What civilised country would expect those not working due to retirement, a young age, or sickness to have to beg for money for medication, or try to find a charity to fund them? none that I would call civilised. All working people contribute tax and national insurance to pay for such things. The majority of the population are in work and make those contributions and pay a substantial fee for each item on a prescription.

Anyway, back to topic,
I believe someone said to me you have to ensure your coQ10 is ubiquinol based as a delivery system and not ubiquinone because hardly any, even from huge doses, is absorbed into the body.
You said something ....so I went on,,,:)

" Maybe more research is required." you said

later you said:

" I can't see your point when our medication in the uk isn't free :) "...

.I gave you some details, that yes it is for many people, like all people over 60 etc etc.... maybe not for you, still what you said was not correct.

then also you said::

"One thing about CoQ10 that I was told by my Doctor, apparently there are different types and only one is showing good results for the heart."

All nonsence...

and now what are you doing telling me tutoring me :)))) about  how a civilised country should  be?...and mix here the tax players..............

YES everywhere in the world CoQ10 should  be  prescribed ....so for those paying only a few dollars or what ever money they have for their pills, that should be among those pills.

Rememer you started ,saying

" It seems strange how Doctors in the UK are not allowed to actually prescribe this medication...."

Isnt that interesting? you started, but then when I continued on that thought you had ,I was going away of the subject in you opinion, because I have different opinion on it ,and on the WHY it is so? :)))

Could you maybe take your discussion off this members thread and do it by exchanging messages? No need to confuse the OP with unrelated banter.

Just a thought.
There seems to be a miscommunication regarding CoQ10.  There is only one CoQ10 as Vienna states and as stated there are claims the coenzym is helpful to individuals other than cardiac patients as the supplementation increases their energy levels, improves their cholesterol or blood pressure, and even reverses or slows disease and aging.

However, there is the unprocessed form CoQ10 and a CoQ10 that is the bodily converted form of the substance.  Both forms are sold to meet the alleged objective.  The converted form is better for individuals over 50 as the body loses some ability to efficiently convert the enzyme CoQ10.

Different governments may have different methods in evaluating a medical significance of drug that is on the commercial market.  The subject CoQ10 has not been approved by the FDA (an agency of the federal government), and it is of interest and relevant how different governments accept the responsbility and the opinion of the government has some worth.  From my uderstanding most countries abide by a common understanding...maybe the exception is Chinese medicine!

Thanks for the interest and responses.

-

Good luck
yes that's what I heard about CoQ10 which is what I posted. CoQ10 has also shown amazing results in the field of cancer, reducing and even destroying tumours. As this medication is so cheap then maybe I will try some. I have seen a site that sells 120 pills for just £10. That would last me 4 months, whereas a months supply of medication costs me £7.30 through our health system so its a real bargain.
Selenium and coenzyme Q10  may decrease heart-related death by 6%

http://www.internationaljournalofcardiology.com/article/S0167-5273(12)00593-1/abstract