Carotid Artery Disease/Blocked Jugular testing
Thanks in advance for reading and taking the time to consider my questions.
I have been moved in the direction of possibly having an MS diagnoses (although i am still awaiting further tests), however, I am concerned about blood flow/circulation/and blockages in my veins as being a culprit to some of my symptoms ive been experiencing. Im concerned in particular with the jugulars as with the "contriversial" CCSVI. Which I dont understand why its so "contriversial" in the first place to check if a person has a blocked jugular vein and unblock it (whether they have MS or not I believe a blocked vein especially a main artery can cause problems and should be unblocked). I have found it hard to find a Doctor who will refer me to have those checked and I was wondering how I would go about getting a referal to get one? I have family history of stroke/anyerisms/heart attacks/Raynauds etc. arent those enough reason to check or to refer me to a doctor? What kind of doctor can do the ultrasound and MRV to check? Is there anyway I can be sure that there is no blockage because I have heard an MRV does not always pick it up?
Thanks again for your time and any information would be greatly appreciated
God Bless
I have a jugular vein that is blocked by a shunt catheter, still trying to figure out if it is a remnant of an old one or one that is functioning. I have had over 50 neurosurgeries due to Hydrocephalus(water head). I have had MS like symptoms for 15 or so years. I finally got a new neurologist to see me, after going to my PCP, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, and several cardiologists. My new neurologist says that this is such a new discovery that many doctors are not on board with it yet. I am thankful to finally realize that, in spite of what my neurosurgeon has said for 15 years, I'm not crazy. He told me that he did everything right and it didn't make sense what was going on. I am planning to talk to a cardiologist next. I will be praying that we both get some relief.