Carotid Buit Question(PLEASE)
I really need someone to answer or try to help me out with this question.

I had a 1 yr physical about 1 1/2 months ago and my PCP heard a bruit in my right neck.  She sent me for a carotid doppler, which was clear and no problems.  Then I went to my cardiologist to have my mitral valve prolapse re-checked.  They did an echo and it revealed severe regurgitiation/mitral valve prolapse.  I am 40 year old female and healthy otherwise.  The regurg. appeard to have gotten worse in the past 10 years.  I was told that I would need mitral valve repair to correct everything.  I've been so nervous the last month.  

Today I went for a TEE and I received unbelievable news.  I do not need a mitral valve repair.  The regurgitation appears very mild on TEE and the posterior prolapse appears mild as well.  This is very different finding than the thoracic echo that I had done 3 weeks ago.  I am in shock that I do not need surgery, which I was told today.  I am trilled.

The doctor is sending me for an MRA to rule out an aneyrusm because of the bruit still heard in my right neck.  He doesn't think that the bruit is coming from my heart.  

Has anyone ever heard of this?  Can an aneurysm somewhere in your body cause a bruit sound?  What else can it be.