Heart Disease Expert Forum
Carotid
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Carotid

Posted By Gerald on July 28, 1999 at 10:27:23
I won't get the medical terms correct so I won't try but after several test
that Dr told me that my right Carotid artery is 100% blocked and the left one is something less than 50% blocked.  I had asked about cleaning out the blocked artery and the Dr explained that when the artery becomes 100 % blocked there is nothing that can be done.  I'm surprised and wonder why that would be true.  The other thing I'm wondering about what my risk factors for having a stroke or heart attack.  Two and a half years ago I retired from a company after 30 years and went to work in another state for another company.  I had tests conducted then and my carotid arteries were fine.  I'm not sure how all this occurred in such a short period of time. We're chaning blood pressure medicine and increase exercise and other positive things but I'm concerned about the prognosis.
Any response would be appreciated and I understanding that I haven't give you much to go on and your response will have to be generic but that's ok I'm looking for some stats.
Thanks much.

Follow Ups:

Re: Carotid CCF CARDIO MD - DLB 7/29/1999
(0)