Heart Disease Expert Forum
Cause of swelling?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cause of swelling?

I'm a 32 year old female with a dual chamber, rate responsive pacemaker.  My rate is set not to go below 75 bpm.  Recently I have developed more arrythmias, a-fib with aberancey and other high rate atrial tachs.  My doc. put me on coumadin, tambocor, lopressor and verapamil.  I started on the tambocor just over 2 wks. ago.  My palpatations now feel incessant.  Over the last week I have had chest pain (very bad pressure) that increased with activity and was relieved by sitting.  Over the last few days I have noticed a knife-like pain on/off when I breath in.  Sometimes it lasts for quite a while.  I also have developed swelling in my ankles and legs, and I can't lay down at night without feeling like I will suffocate.  I feel like I'm standing on my head when I lay down, the veins in my neck pop out.  When I wake up in the morning the swelling seems to be a little better and I can lay down more comfortably.  The symptoms increase as the day goes on.
     Do you think this is caused from my heart?
     Should I call my cardiologist to be seen right away?  I already have an appointment scheduled for a week and a half.  (I don't want to make a big deal if it can wait.)
     Do you think the arrythmias or the new meds. could have anything to do with the symptoms?
      What can I expect the Dr. to be looking for or will he want any test?
      I had most of my sinus node ablated could this be causing any of this?

I realize it may be difficult to answer all these questions as you do not have all the specifics, but any input would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Worried