Heart Disease Community
Chest Pain after CABG

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Chest Pain after CABG

Deall All

I m 43 years male, I have 3 stent in 12 month bcak and did CABG befoer just 3 month back, But 2 month of CABG i fell pain like pre CABG. its happend ater 30 mints of suggested rutine walking, Pain is happning next day of walking. Pain appear right of chest and back side of chest (right). is it usal to such a pain? is it cardic pain?

I consuted with tow diffrent cordiologist. one said its complecation of post surgery and will removed gradully, anothoer one said my CABG not fully revasculerized, MY CABG was with LIMA RIMA 'Y' grafting, my surgent said it was so sucessfull surgery.

Pls help me the knw real siuation

With best regards

Iqbal
TISLCTG
when I had a CABGx3 I was so confused about my different pains because I couldn't tell where they were coming from and what could be causing them. My cardiologist asked me after surgery whether my angina had improved but I replied "Your are joking right? with all this pain how can I tell anything?". He seemed a bit surprised at my answer and
I wonder how many people can honestly feel a difference so soon after surgery. The cardiologist said that I would be able to return to the building trade after 3 months, but that was another joke. Three months down the line it was still painful just to move my arms, let alone lifting anything heavy.
You say "pain is happening next day of walking". I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying you go for a walk on Thursday and the pain occurs on Friday? or are you saying it has been painful ever since the day after you started to walk
again? If you walk today and it hurts tomorrow, I would lay odds on it being muscle/rib cage pain and not the heart. The heart should give problems during exertion if it has problems, not decide to give angina 24hours later. You had 2 arteries grafted from the
chest so I would be confident that they will last a very long time. Are you suffering from
shortness of breath when walking?
Thank u for ur comments, u gussed correct. if i walk today, then pain is happning next day and further walking is so painful, after few days taking rest, walking is possible. the pain mostly starting from right side of chest abd its concentrated in same place. No I hve no shrotness of breath when walking, though i m patient of Ashma

I wanna ur and other members comments too

iqbal
Chaittagong, Bangladesh
If it's the next day then it's hardly likely to be heart related. I would say your muscles are
aching. Muscles usually ache after a long rest period and not during the exertion. Having
no shortness of breath is a huge bonus and looking at your symptoms I would bet money
that you are doing just fine. When I went through cardiac rehab after my bypass, I could hardly move the next morning, feeling the aches and stiffness. After moving the muscles again for a few minutes, it eased off.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
So discouraged
15 hrs ago by Margot49
Dalubaba commented on Des_a_rae's status
How Bad Science and Big Business Cr...
Aug 02 by gymdandee