Chest Pain after stents
Hello. Newby here, so excuse me if I post something that has been on here a zillion times.
My husband had a heart attack on march 10th,, so 18 days ago. He had some chest pain, or angina, today when he was playing with the kids. He was up running around the house for the first time since the heart attack.
He did have some damage to the heart muscle tissue,, and he hasn't been back to the doc yet,,, he goes this week.
My question is,, Is this normal to have angina so soon after 2 stents? He was also lightheaded when he stood up. He sat down right away on the couch,,  Ended up taking two nitros,, and then went and layed down in bed after that.

I don't want to be the parinoid wife,,, but..... :)
Christy

This discussion is related to Chest pain post coated stent placement.
You are on the appropriate forum.  It is not normal to have angina following a stent implant.  But if there were some heart muscle damage with the prior heart attack it is possible the heart hasn't completely healed,  and it was stress with the exertion. Also, the stent implant   may occluded or another vessel occluded. It would be important to rule out any more heart damage especially if there was shortness of breath.