Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest Pain during Exercise
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest Pain during Exercise

I am 61 years old and have a Stent. I am an avid bike rider riding 40 to 100+ miles per week.with a substantial amount of hill climbing. Sometimes when I start out I get chest and ack of the arm pain but not always, I am careful to warm-up for about 30 minutes of slow riding keeping my heart rate around 120-130. I all cases after about an hour or so the pain will subside. When I have a good day I can ride at a sustained heart rate of 140-145 with no problem and on a tough climb hit 185. My heart rate generally drops after heavy exertion back down to the 130's to 140's within a minute. Is the chest pain due to the Coronary Artery Disease I was treated for with the stent? Should I be concerned?