Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest Pain for the past 4-5 mohths
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest Pain for the past 4-5 mohths

Hi.,

First of all sorry for the lenghty post.

I am 30 yrs old male (height 1.83 cms weight 223lbs). Nearly four months ago i had chest pain (mostly pricking pain & would last only for few secs around 10-15) and would go away with a burp. So i consulted a doctor and he said it was mostly gastric trouble and prescribed me some drugs. At that time i had taken a blood test and levels were (Total cholestrol:190,HDL:34,LDL:98,Triglyceride:228) and he advised me to reduce my weight. Right from that day i have started to run and have been doing some physical exercises. My daily routine consists of  a combinaton jogging & walking for 30 mins and some exercises for 10-15 mins (3-5 days a week). Now i have lost about 21lbs. But recently i am having pain in my left shoulder joint, wrist and pain in jaw.  All these pains which  i am getting are moslty when i am not exerting myself. Along with the other pain sometimes i get the chest pain also (the pain is not radiating from one part to the other and its mostly isolated pains). I consulted with my doctor he advised me to do another blood check and resting ECG. My results were (Total cholestrol:167,HDL:46,LDL:75,Triglycerides:137) and ECG results were normal (PR-0.12, QRS-0.098). Also he adivsed to take ultra sound for abdomen and liver function test. All the results were normal (BP-120/80,no diabetes,non smoknig,non alcholic). But still i do get the pains (left shoulder,jaw,neck,in arm pit). Sometimes when i freak out i will start climbing stairs jus to make sure i dont have any heart problem. ( 2 floors, up & down atleast 7-10 times). While climbing i dont feel any discomfort or pains but once i come sit in my chair i will get the pain abck. Just confused with what problem i have .Can you please advise me. I am planning to take up a stress test to make sure nothing is wrong in my heart.
Generally speaking, cardiac disease occurs with activity and us relieved by rest. Losing weight and exercising are always important. It seems as though this has improved your future risk of cardiovascular disease by normalizing your cholesterol and having a normal blood pressure. If you are still concerned I would recommend an exercise treadmill stress test but I believe your symptoms given that they are atypical and last for seconds are non cardiac in nature.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank