Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest Pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest Pain

I suffer from acid reflux and take Nexium.  Sometimes I get some pretty severe episodes of gas discomfort and sometimes there is strong, shooting pain on the left side of my chest.  I have gone to the emergency room a couple times over the last 10 years and I have been told it was not my heart.  I work out regularly, can jog 30 minutes on the treadmill and walk for miles.  Generally in good shape.  50 years old.

Why do I get this pain on my left side of chest?  That is where it most often occurs if it is a strong pain and not just some general burping related discomfort.