Heart Disease Community
Chest Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest Pain

Hi. I am 18, Male, I don't know my exact weight but I know I am on the verge between healthy/overweight. I am 6.0ft. I don't excersize alot but I do 1 hour 30 minutes of badminton each week, sometimes I also walk home which is on top of a large hill which takes about 20 mins everyday. Anyways, I have been experianceing chest pain which have been happining to the left of the centre of the chest, sometimes accompinied with left arm pain. I havent had breathlessness as such but have had funny feelings in my chest while breathing. I had an ECG done, had my heartbeat checked and also blood pressure all of which turned out to be ok however, this was taken when the chest pain wasnt present or was bearly present. Anyway, I want to know if there is anything to worry about.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cardiac pain or chest pain can be felt as a tightness and worsens with activity or exercise. Angina many a times can be missed by a routine ECG. In which case, a treadmill or an exercise ECG may help. You are not a hypertensive. If you are a diabetic and overweight, you fall in the high-risk group. In addition, if you are a smoker, the risk increases many fold. So it would be advisable to have a treadmill ECG done.The pain can also be due to orthopedic related causes like cervical rib, cervical spondylosis or disc prolapse. A simple x-ray will help and an orthopaedician can guide you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted
Blank
Hi and thank you for your help. I had a second ECG done yesterday ( saturday) because the pain got alot worse all of a sudden, they did this test during the chest pain and it still came up fine and said I was ok, they also checked my heart beat again and my blood pressure all of which was fine. They then suggested it might be a rib inflammation due to a possible infection in the muscle. They did not suggest any other tests so I pressume it is nothing too serious. They advised me to take Ibuprofen. Based on this do you reckon I am ok ?
Blank
Hi and thank you for your help. I had a second ECG done yesterday ( saturday) because the pain got alot worse all of a sudden, they did this test during the chest pain and it still came up fine and said I was ok, they also checked my heart beat again and my blood pressure all of which was fine. They then suggested it might be a rib inflammation due to a possible infection in the muscle. They did not suggest any other tests so I pressume it is nothing too serious. They advised me to take Ibuprofen. Based on this do you reckon I am ok ?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the pain has improved with ibuprofen and if the pulse rate and blood pressure were good, you need not worry. It may not be anginal pain. Anginal pain is usually aggravated with exercise and is associated with sweating.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305