Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Chest Pain
Hello Doctor

I'm 25 years old male, for the last few days I've been having chest pain, on and off.

I noticed that after sleep everything is fine, then after like half an hour it starts. There is no particular reason why it starts, I can sit in one place and it will start, then it will stop after half an hour or hour, recently I've been having it for hours. Only way to stop it is to go to sleep, and when I wake up I will feel good , but then it will start again.

My heart beat rate is about 80 per minute so I think its normal.

The pain is in the middle of my chest, right between my nipples.

For the last few months I didn't sleep very regularly, and usually about 6 hours a day, maybe this the reason?

Can you tell me what it could be?

p.s. english is my secondary language so excusme for any gramatical mistakes.

It is actually difficult to determine what causes chest pain from the large number of causes just by reading a description of symptoms. I think you should see a doctor for an examination about both the chest pain and the trouble sleeping.
Hi Greg,  I too experience this type of pain.  Have you had any cardiac workup?  Do you have shortness of breath? Do you have any associated nausea or queasy feeling in the stomach?  
Yes I have some queasy feeling in the stomach, usually in the morning, and I have to eat something to stop it.
I don't know if it's related. I had queasy feeling in the stomach in the morning even before the chest pain.
I have no shortness of breath, but when the pain starts, I feel like deep breathing with fresh air helps. No cardiac workup.
I don't know if it's related, but it started one day after I took NyQuil, first I though it was some kind of side effects, but it was one week ago, and the side effects would stop already.

I am a 21 year old guy.

I had an ablation about 2 weeks ago.  The procedure went fine and the doctor found and destroyed my extra pathway.

But for the last 5 days I have been feeling my heart skipping beats and also, I have been feeling an extra beat which is collides with the normal beats and scares me.

Is it normal for people to feel like this after the ablation.  And is this a temporary?

Please doctor answer me.  I am sorry for asking the question here but I am desperate.

Regards:Jerry Smith, Florida
Greg, angina is a potentially serious condition, but not neccesarily.  You should definitely schedual an apointment with a cardiologist, and have him run a few simple tests.  In the mean time, you should try to keep an eye on your risk factors such as cholesterol, hypertension, physical condition, and over-exertion.
Hi Greg.  I also think that you should go get checked out.  My husband was 32 and the doctors kept dismissing his chest pain.  They were treating him for what they thought was an ulcer, because he was so young.  He ended up having 5 bypasses.  I don't want to scare you, but better safe than sorry.  That was 16 years ago and he his doing fine now.  (He did have a heart attack at home before they finally admitted him, and the ekg showed a mild heart attack that probably happened when he was in his early 20's also.  He only remembers having had a little discomfort at that time.  His family has a strong history of clogged arteries.  We care about you even if we don't know you! Please get checked.
I have chest pain every day all day long.  My doctor has run test after test and says he can not find anything wrong.  I have been having high blood pressure lately, I smoke, and I am overweight.  The CT scan showed nothing in my lungs and EKG was normal.  Meanwhile my chest is killing me and I do get a little short of breath but not bad.  If my doctor does not know what to do, what do I do?