Heart Disease Community
Chest Pains

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chest Pains

I am 26 yr old female and I have had chest pains behind my left breast and some closer to the middle at times, the pain varies I know that I had one supper bad pain pain about a month ago and I was getting out of my car to go in the gas station and it was only a little to my left from the sternum, and it almost made me fall. I have been having pain behind my breast for 2 years and I have test negative for everything EKG, stress test, thyroid, etc.. There has been nothing found, they put me on anti anxiety medication and that didn't help at all still had pains, I am very concerned because heart problems run in my family My father just a quadruple bipass and his mother passed away do to massive heart attack. If there are any suggestions I can get that would be great I plan on going to the doctor for this I would just like a little more info before I go in that could possible help them figure this out. Thank You for your time..
Thank you for sharing your problem.

The problem could be a coronary vessel spasm. May be difficult to detect and possibly overlooked. There is microvascular angina.  Individuals suffering from microvascular angina have chest pain but do not seem to have a blockage in a coronary artery. The pain in the chest is because the tiny blood vessels that feed the heart, arms, and legs are not working properly. Generally, patients cope well with this type of angina and have very few long-term side effects.

It could be variant angina and that is caused by coronary spasms (vasospasm). The coronary spasm contracts the muscles in the wall of an artery in the heart making the artery constrict.  When the artery constricts, blood flow through the artery is either stopped or slowed. When this occurs, the heart does not get enough blood and results in chest pain.