Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest and left sided pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Chest and left sided pain
For about 3 or 4 years now I have been having pain on the left side of my chest that seems to be worse in the evenings than during the day.  I have had a stress test done and with no problems found.  Now, along with the chest pain, I am having weakness in my muscles on the left side of my body.  It feels like I went through a rigorous workout yesterday, but I did not.  Also, I am cramping all the time.  I can barely flex a muscle and then it is cramp city.  If this is not my heart, what do you think could be causing this.  I am afraid of a heart attack even though I did good on the stress test and I am afraid of a possible stroke since I am having left sided weakness.
It is reassuring that you have had this pain for so long without untoward side effects, and also that you have had a negative stress test. It is certainly not typical that you have these episodes of weakness following the episodes of chest pain. You may have a primary muscle problem, causing the pain and weakness. These are usually rare conditions if genetic but may be caused by medications including statins and diabetes medications. If you are on any of these seek urgent advise from your doctor. If not, you may need to be referred for an EMG and muscle biopsy because there may be something wrong with the muscles or nerves on that part of your body. Strokes can cause single sided weakness, but are usually not associatd with cramps , or the feeling of exhausted muscular activity, so I think it is unlikely that this is a stroke, but a head ct could be used to rule out any CVAs.
Thank you for your response.  I went and saw my Dr. and he has scheduled me for another stress test and a head CT tomorrow.  I know I will feel much better if those come back clear.  Thanks again for your response!
i have been having alot of chest pain and left arm pain and a burning sensation went to the dr and they done a ekg and blood test and they  said that everything was normal still having same symtoms  can there still be blockage with normal test results i am really worried please help me with some answers
also i have a lot of gas and indigestion noted can this cause the chest and left arm pain i have alot of anxiety about this
A related discussion, left sided chest pain, arm pain, muscle numbness was started.