Chest and shoulder blade pain, left side
I am a 27 year old male, 6' 0" 185 lbs. Slightly out of shape, heavist weight I have been in my life. Both parent have trouble with high blood pressure from obesity.
For the past 5 days or so I have awoke with a mild chest pain that seemed to go away and reappear later in the day. The pain was not very prominent so I didn't worry too much. However, yesterday morning I woke up with an intense pain in my left shoulder blade, after about an hour the pain was also in my chest on the left side. On my way to work I stopped into a store and recall feeling somewhat lightheaded. I took a few aspirin and went home for the day. The shoulder blade pain has gone away, but the chest pain has continued and is still present. It is a constant dull ache encompassing my left breast. When I awoke this morning I also noticed a slight pain/numb feeling in my left arm.

I have been constantly thinking about whether I should or should not go to the ER, as I have lost my health coverage.
With or without insurance, chest pain should always be evaluated.  You are still young though and you do not mention any other health problems.  Are you sure you didn't pull anything?  Just to put your mind at ease, you may want to make an appointment to see your doctor.  Take care, Ally