Heart Disease Expert Forum
Chest cold
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest cold

I have been battling a cold for several days...today my cough is bad and it seems like when I cough or take a deep breath I feel a sensation in my chest area..not a big beat or a skip..(I have had these in the past..had two ekgs and the docs say don't worry oh and I do have anxiety) just a sensation, a fleeting feeling.  I have some chest conjestion and alittle short of breath but thats it.  I can hear the conjestion..should I be worried and go see the doctor?  Thanks in advanced.
Related Discussions
238671_tn?1189759432
It sounds like you just have a cold, but not knowing any details about you, I am not really in a position to advise.
5 Comments
Blank
ihave beentold by my doctor that i might have a ductus diverticulum at the aorticarch. IS this a very serious condition which requires a operation to correct or can it be treated in another way?  Thank you for your answer in advance.
Blank
238671_tn?1189759432
I am not sure what you are referring to. If you mean that you have a patent ductus arteriosus on your aorta, this does need to be fixed surgically.
Blank
My apolpgies for not providing you with more information.  I suffer with anxiety and have experienced skipped beat which the drs say are harmless (after testing and being on a heart moniter for several minutes).  I get these sensations when I cough or take a deep breath.  they don't feel like the skipped beats but just a fleeting sensation.  Hope this helps.
Blank
238671_tn?1189759432
If you have skipped beats, having a cold often makes them flare up. However, if you are feeling anything that is different than typical cold symptoms, you ought to have your doctor take a look at you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank